Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Day 1

A few things that were good to learn from Chapters 1-6. One was learning ways to relax before a class so you can better focus on what you are suppose to be learning. Also what you should be ready to do the first day of class. Being ready ahead of time is always a good idea and to try and build a relationship with your professor.
In chapter 2, there are a lot of ways that help you continue success in class through out the year. Such as making a schedule to study at certain times for certain classes. Finding tutors when you need help and asking your professor about anything you can do to improve and build a relationship with them.
Chapter 3 talked about building up your confidence and setting goals for the furture. It's better to set smaller goals for a much larger goal so that if you don't succeed over all you will at least have the smaller goals to feel proud of and set a new goal for later. Also about how building your self confidence can make you feel prouder and work harder toward certain goals and plan you may have taken on.
Chapter 4 has a lot of helpful ideas about how to deal with stress and the different types there are. Such as postive stress and negative stress are two different thing, but positive stress helps us while negative stress does not. Ways to help reduce stress range from deep breathing and clearing your mind to exercise that can help reduce the stress.
The fifth chapter talks about how you may learn differently. I am more of a visual and kinesthetic learner. I can better understand if there is a diagram or some sort of visual representation of an idea that I am trying to understand.
The sixth and final chapter of the first day helped me with managing my time. I can make a list of times in the day and when I should do what. Then I can plan time for studying and time for hanging out with my friends. It will also show me all the things I need to do in the day.
I do have one question about school and that is what should I bring to the first day of class? Should I bring my book and be ready for a full class or will it be going over the course and then letting us out early?

2 comments:

  1. wow you pretty much covered it all! Good job! I've just been bringing a spiral to my classes and then waiting for the teacher to go over what will be needed for each class. Hope that helps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good thinking here. Yes, relaxing before class can go a long way, freeing up your mind to be more active and getting more out of each class. Good thinking. I do believe that time management is essential. Yes, bring your book and be ready for a full class, every day, in each class, including IS1100.

    ReplyDelete